Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Post-Pity-Party-Party

After boo-hoohing about my "special" 30 year anniversary (see previous entry) on July 22nd, I should also mention that I got a job offer that very same day.

Yep, that very same Friday I got the phone call that I have been offered that contract job at Fort Bragg! The lady at the contracting firm sent me an employment agreement to sign and fax back to her, which I did by lunch time.

"You will start on Monday, July 25th," I was told.

Whoo-Hoo! Christmas in July for Craiggy-boy!

The next step was for the on-base team leader to contact me so I would know where to go, who to see and what to do.

The phone rang at 3:00.

It was the lady from the contract company.

Seems there was a delay in processing one of the many forms I filled out and sent in.

I was told NOT to come in on Monday.

The team leader would (eventually) contact me once everything was processed.

Yarrgh!

Yet ANOTHER waiting game.

Deep breaths.

Think about puppies and rainbows.

Must resist the urge to pen a 1,500 page "manifesto" and then go on a holy rampage to right all the world's wrongs...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home